Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Meeting Santa and Trimming the Tree

Saturday we went to meet Santa at my husband's work place. Alex did so much better this year. He actually liked Santa. I could only get him to look up if Daddy sat next to him though. Santa's beard poked him in the eye and he didn't want to look up after that. When Santa went to leave Alex ran over to him and gave him a hug. It was so cute.


Last night we finally decorated our tree. We always get a real tree from our local farm. We don't really do a theme, its just a collection of ornaments that have been collected over the years. There is a lot or Scandinavian ornaments as I am from Finnish descent, a lot of ocean and beach related ornaments. We live right next to the ocean and we love it. Most have a sentimental meaning to them and I love the look of the vintage ornaments that my mom still has.

Here is a closer look at some of my favorite and most meaningful ornaments.
My Dad passed away in 2004, he was a lobster man and this was a mini replica of his buoys

We got this for our wedding in 2005

This was made by my Great Grandmother "Mummu" she made the tatting on it. Its over 40 years old.

This little angle was on my Mom's baby shower cake when she was expecting me



Just a cute little vintage deer

This bird has had a little nest in our Christmas trees ever since I can remember

Love this little Santa, not sure why
A Scandinavian Gnome

No comments:

Post a Comment